Do you know the best time to post on TikTok? If not, it’s something you should work into your content strategy. You work hard creating content for social media and you don’t want your efforts to go to waste. But if you don’t post that content at the right time, your followers might never see your videos at all.
Here’s how to figure out the best time to post on TikTok, plus five helpful tips to continue optimizing your TikTok profile and growing your following.
How To Find Your Audience
The “best” time to post on TikTok will likely look different for every business. Your target audience and their demographic effects when you should post your TikTok content.
If you don’t know who your target audience is and when they’re on TikTok, these are questions you need to answer before you can determine the best time to post. You can view your audience data by looking at TikTok analytics (if you have a Pro TikTok account).
Check your analytics by going to the top right-hand corner and clicking “Account” and then “Analytics.” From there, you can view follower analytics to learn more about your audience — including what days and times they’re most active.
If you don’t know who your audience is, this is also a great place to start. Check out your audience’s gender and location demographics to learn more about who they are and where they’re based. TikTok will even show you the videos your followers are watching and the songs they’re listening to so you can learn more about what kind of content they want to see.
Best Time To Post On TikTok
Once you know when your target audience is active, combine that knowledge with data on the best time to post on TikTok to help you figure out the right posting schedule for you. A study that analyzed 100,000 TikTok posts identified the following as the best times to post on TikTok (all shown in EST):
- Monday: 6 AM, 10 AM, 10 PM
- Tuesday: 2 AM, 4 AM, *9 AM
- Wednesday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 11 PM
- Thursday: 9 AM, *12 AM, 7 PM
- Friday: *5 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM
- Saturday: 11 AM, 7 PM, 8 PM
- Sunday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 4 PM
(According to the study, the times marked with an asterisk showed especially high engagement levels.)
Combining this data with your follower activity is an easy way to figure out the best time to post. For example, maybe you’re located in Pacific Standard Time and you notice that your followers (who are mostly on the West Coast) are especially active around 3:00 PM each afternoon. Try posting at 3:00 PM a few days of the week, 2:00 PM on others, and occasionally later in the evening.
Matching up your follower activity with data from studies is a smart and simple way to identify the best time to post on TikTok.
5 Tips To Grow Your Following
Posting on TikTok at the right time for your audience is an important and effective way to grow your following. But that’s only part of your overall TikTok marketing strategy. Here are five tips that can help you continue to grow your platform on the app.
#1 Connect With And Learn From Influencers
When it comes to TikTok growth, working with influencers is key. There are two main ways you can grow by using influencers on the app: Working with them and learning from them.
Working With Influencers
Partnering with influencers is one of the best ways to grow on TikTok. You can find influencers by using a TikTok influencer search engine like InfluenceGrid, where you can find influencers based on your niche. You can also use the discover tool provided in the TikTok app.
Once you’ve found an influencer who is a good fit for your company, come up with an influencer campaign to promote your brand. If you need some ideas, glean inspiration from brands that are currently succeeding on TikTok with influencer marketing.
For example, influencers @OurFire worked with VITA, a video editing app, to create this TikTok showing how they made a video using the app.
Learning From Influencers
After you use an influencer search tool to find influencers within your niche, analyze their accounts to see which of their videos are most successful. Look at what hashtags they’re using and how they’re engaging their followers. Are they jumping on top of current trends? Cross-promoting their videos on other social media accounts? Posting every day?
Learn everything you can from successful influencers so you can adopt these tactics to help your own account be more successful, too.
#2 Use The Right Hashtags
TikTok hashtags are extremely important if you want to boost your chances of being noticed on the platform. Use the right hashtags to grow your following by leaps and bounds! Looking at content posted by large influencers and brands can help you get a feel for which tags to use.
You can also find trending hashtags on the app by going to the Discover tab and scrolling down.
Here are three of the most popular TikTok hashtags right now:
- #SheEarnedIt. This trending hashtag revolves around entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses. If it’s relevant to your business, using this hashtag is a good way to potentially get on the FYP and expose your account to many new TikTok users.
- #HelloSpring. Using seasonal hashtags is a smart idea to up your visibility on the app. These tags can be related to specific holidays or the general time of year. With this hashtag, users are saying good riddance to cold weather.
- #StopAsianHate. Consumers appreciate businesses that speak out against racism and xenophobia. Add your voice to these important issues by using TikTok hashtags to make a change.
#3 Use Popular Sounds And Filters
Using popular TikTok sounds and filters can help your account grow. Your content is more likely to be discovered if it utilizes the sounds and filters that TikTok users are loving right now. Start with these three options that are currently trending on the app:
- Anime Eyes. This trending TikTok effect can be applied to any video of a person. The effect gives the person large brown eyes rimmed with black liner and long eyelashes — similar to the eyes of an anime character. The filter has a corresponding sound that goes along with it.
- UFO Sky. As one of the most popular filters on TikTok right now, UFO Sky turns your video otherworldly shades of purple and blue, showing moons and planets in the sky along with a couple of flying objects. Many TikTok users have a theory: What if this filter is just showing what the naked eye can’t see?
- SugarCrash! Sugarcrash is a trending sound by musician ElyOtto. Used for all kinds of videos — cat videos, soccer videos, and more — this versatile sound is familiar to TikTok users and can be applied to virtually any type of content.
#4 Get In On Popular Challenges And Trends
Can you name the most popular challenges on TikTok right now? Have you seen other brands doing these challenges? More importantly, have you done them? Staying on top of the latest TikTok trends is essential — it helps your business be more visible online.
Following TikTok trends will help your account grow on the app and potentially even go viral. That being said, can you name the most popular challenges on TikTok right now? Here are a few of the current TikTok trends for your business to try:
- Tell me you’re ____ without saying you’re ____. An example of this popular trend might look like this: “Tell me you’re from Atlanta without telling me you’re from Atlanta” (a local tourism company might be able to use this idea) or “Tell me you love makeup without telling me you love makeup” (great for cosmetics brands showing off inventory).
- 90’s music challenge. In this challenge, people who were raised in the 1990s listen to popular songs from the decade and try not to react by dancing or singing along.
Do a little brainstorming to come up with ideas to fit these TikTok trends into your content strategy. Following the trends can pay off big for your business.
#5 Be Consistent And Personable
TikTok users value two things in an account: Consistency and genuineness. That’s why it’s essential to strive for these two values. Being consistent and authentic will help you retain your followers. Post new content on a regular basis. Don’t switch up your style too much though, remain true to your brand voice that initially attracted your followers.
It’s also important to not be too salesy. Gen Z wants to see businesses and influencers be real on the app. Going for the hard sell every time will drive them away. Instead, just be you. Post genuine content that’s a good reflection of your business. If you post consistently and you have the ability to be real with your followers, your chances of success on the app are high.
Choosing The Best Time To Post On TikTok
Figuring out the best time to post on TikTok might seem like a complicated question. But by looking at your follower activity and studies conducted on TikTok, it’s not that hard after all. And with these tips to grow your following on the app, you’re well on your way to TikTok success.
Originally posted on Mentionlytics : https://www.mentionlytics.com/blog/best-time-to-post-on-tiktok-tips-to-grow-your-following